Ohio Virtual Academy is a full-time, tuition-free, online public charter school for grades K-12. Our charter sponsor is the Ohio Council of Community Schools (OCCS), based out of Toledo, Ohio. The school services a diverse population of approximately 12,000 students.
Ohio Virtual Academy uses the K¹² curriculum to offer Ohio students in grades K–12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, OHVA and K¹² provide the tools students need to succeed—in school and beyond.
Ohio Virtual Academy continues to grow. Here are a few reasons why:
- Our experienced, highly qualified Ohio-licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The exceptional, individualized K¹² curriculum, which covers the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K¹².
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where OHVA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high quality, tuition-free public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.
The mission of OHVA is to empower students and their parents with an innovative and effective educational program that helps students achieve high standards and reach their full academic and social potential.
Our vision is to create a high-performance school that equips teachers and parents with the tools of tomorrow, thereby giving our students enriched opportunities to succeed in life by creating a new model for the twenty-first century public school.
Awards and Accolades