About Our School
Ohio Virtual Academy is a full-time, tuition-free, online public charter school for grades K-12. Our charter sponsor is the Ohio Council of Community Schools (OCCS), based out of Toledo, Ohio. The school services a diverse population of students across the state of Ohio.
Ohio Virtual Academy uses the K12 curriculum to offer Ohio students in grades K-12 an exceptional learning experience. With individualized learning approaches, OHVA and K12 provide the tools students need to succeed--in school and beyond.
Ohio Virtual Academy continues to grow. Here are a few reasons why:
- Our experienced, highly qualified Ohio-licensed teachers, who are available online and by phone.
- The exceptional, individualized K12 curriculum, which covers the core subject areas and electives. Based on decades of education research, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons with mastery-based assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K12.
- The online planning and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials ranging from textbooks to telescopes, from rocks and dirt to beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where OHVA parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high quality, tuition-free public education that enables a learning experience that is individualized for each student.
Our Purpose Statement
Our Approach: Student-centric. Innovative.
Our People: Passionate. Engaged.
Our Students: Inspired. Empowered. Educated.