Destinations Career Program
Your student can prepare for college and career with the Destinations Career Program at OHVA.
The Destinations Career Program at OHVA is an innovative, tuition-free online program that combines traditional high school academics with industry-relevant, career-focused electives—giving students a jump-start on their college and career goals. While working toward their high school diplomas, students can choose from a variety of courses in these high-demand career fields: Business and Information Technology. Ohio-certified teachers provide live online instruction and tailor teaching to student needs. Students can participate in career-oriented clubs, gain workplace skills, and prepare to take industry-recognized certification exams in their chosen career path upon graduation.*
Career-focused courses are based on the knowledge and skills required for each career pathway in the following in-demand career fields:
- Business: Careers in finance, marketing and planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating business functions essential to efficient and productive business operations. Learn more about Business.
- Information Technology (IT): Building linkages in IT occupations for entry level, technical, and professional careers related to the design, development, support, and management of hardware, software, multimedia, and systems integration services. Learn more about Information Technology.
*Many Microsoft® Office certificates can be earned after completing one course. Other certificates require more classes to be better prepared, and students who attend Destinations for at least two years will have further exposure to career readiness education courses to be best prepared for certification testing.
For questions specific to the Destinations Career Program at OHVA, please contact:
Lauren Logan, CTE Dean: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn More About Career Pathways
Hear from Dr. Kristin Stewart, Head of School for Ohio Virtual Academy, as she provides information about the Destinations student experience.
Business Professionals of America (BPA) Membership
Destinations students have the opportunity to join OHVA's chapter of BPA, one of the premier organizations for students pursuing careers in business and information technology. BPA is a co-curricular activity that enhances opportunities for students to participate in professional, civic, and service projects. Membership allows them to:
- Connect with like-minded students who have similar career and academic interests
- Participate in academic competitions and community service activities
- Work toward earning industry-recognized certifications
- Participate in the Torch Awards program which guides service learning projects
- Develop leadership skills by running for local or national office