Which pathways are offered?
- Business and Administrative Services—This pathway prepares students to facilitate business operations through a variety of administrative and clerical duties including information and communication management, data processing and collection, and project tracking.
- Marketing—This pathway prepares students to plan, coordinate, and implement marketing strategies, advertising, promotion, and public relations activities.
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Some of the jobs include:
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Public Relations Specialist
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Administrative Assistant—$38,880/year
- Customer Service Representative—$33,750/year
- Public Relations Specialist—$60,000/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 12, 2019.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Microsoft Office certifications (up to four, each attainable in one semester)
- RISE Up Retail Industry Fundamentals Credential Exam
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Certification Exam