Which pathways are offered?
- Interactive Media— This pathway prepares students to create, design, and produce interactive multimedia products and services.
- Network Systems—This pathway prepares students to design, maintain, install, analyze, and manage network systems. Successful establishment and maintenance of IT infrastructure is critical for all businesses/organizations.
- Programming and Software Development—This pathway prepares students to design, develop, implement, and maintain computer systems and software, requiring knowledge of computer operating systems, programming and markup languages (JAVA, Python, C++, HTML5/CSS), and software development
What types of jobs can my student learn about and prepare for?*
Examples of jobs include:
- Network Administrator
- Systems Support Specialist
- Computer Engineer
- Applications Software Developer
- Computer Programmer
- Computer and Information Systems Manager
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Systems Software Developer
What is the salary outlook?*
Salaries vary depending on the job title, but approximate sample career salaries include:
- Computer Programmer—$86,550/year
- Network Administrator—$83,510/year
- Software Developer—$105,590/year
- Computer and Information Systems Manager—$146,360/year
*Some of these jobs require additional education and certifications once a student graduates from high school. Salaries vary depending on the job title, experience, and location. Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. Website last modified date: Friday, April 10, 2020.
Which industry-recognized, in-demand certifications and exams can my student prepare for?
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) JAVA SE 8 Programmer
- ACA Expert Dreamweaver CS6
- ACA Expert Illustrator CS6
- ACA Expert InDesign CS6
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +