Looking to Supplement Your Internet Cost?
Near the end of each semester, there are dates you may submit your internet bills/verification online.
The submission window for the spring 2020 semester is now closed. You may log into your secure Submittable account to stay updated on the process for your submission. Dates for 20-21 submissions will be coming in August.
Note: This board policy allows for 10 months of internet submission, up to 5 months per semester. Each monthly bill is required, and should include the service dates that cover those months, and should only include months your student was enrolled. Note the policy and instructions below for further explanation.
Read all the instructions carefully. Using a computer, submit your bills to the ONLINE FORM.Create a secure account easily, and at any time access your submission to verify it has been received.
Note: You should enable receiving email messages from email@example.com.
- Review the board policy [PDF]
- You'll need to know your Family ID and your oldest student's ID [PDF].
- You will need one file per monthly bill.
- Bundled bills are permitted. There is no need to ask your provider for a breakdown of just internet cost as long as it is shown on the bill generally. Your bill should include your name, address, dates of service and "internet" shown in services.
- It does not need to be itemized with the exact amount showing for internet.
- Match the service date with the month you’re submitting.
- Months needed for the 1st semester submission: August, September, October, November and December.
- Months needed for the 2nd semester submission: January, February, March, April and May
- With a valid submission, allow for 8 weeks from the end of the semester for check processing and mailing.
- Checks will be mailed to the ADDRESS ON FILE for you. If your address needs changed, complete that HERE.
- Checks will be made out to the Learning Coach on file.
Access the online form here: Online Reimbursement Form
Tip: If you have internet, you will probably have an online account with your provider. Access this account online and download billing statements as PDF's.
Questions? Contact your advisor/advocate as needed.